Pages

8 May 2012

My Absence! My Return! - II

It has been a bit busy around here since I posted the Part - I of this post. I had planned to post the second part within a day but I am getting back to Part - II after more than two weeks. I am still struggling to organise myself and be a little regular in posting on my blog and communicating with my customers - trust me I am trying.

Being away from work the whole of January and February was a challenge but I was determined to find out more about the traditional leathers I had in mind since the last couple of years. In fact I had tried to find out more about them but it lead me to nowhere - now I know the best way is to get out there and try your best and things will slowly come out in the clear and you will get answers to your questions.

During my journey I met some great and some not so great folks, and have formed some friendships and business relationships during this time. I am so grateful to all those people who were patient enough to listen to me and did everything the could to point me in the right direction. I finally  met a gentleman Durga, who's family has been doing this for generations and he was so kind to share all his knowledge with me, and in a couple of days I learnt so much from him - probably what would have taken me forever on my own with trail and error projects.

I came back to Delhi with a couple of different goat skins that Durga was kind enough to sell to me; I started working with them on a couple of different designs. I made a few errors and was stuck a few time but Durga was always a phone call away and always more than willing to help and see me move forward - it is very rare to see this kind of people in India these days.

I was finally able to get a regular lot of the leather and the second part of doing, perfecting and finishing a few designs and have them listed in my shop took another month and I was only to do this by mid April. My absence has been long but I have been able to accomplish what I had in mind and return back with what I had wanted is a great feeling. It is still a work in progress and I am working on a few more designs and different sizes for the designs that I already have.

3 comments:

  1. Another year has nearly passed and it looks like a lot of hard work has resulted in a big range of bags on Etsy - keep up the brilliant work as I want to buy a new bag really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely store and wonderful products, can't wait to order something from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear LeftoverStudio,

    I was looking on Etsy and saw your leather messenger photographers bag ("the Britt") and wanted to order it. However your company site on Etsy is removed so I hope there is still a way to order one.
    Are you operating under another name or website?
    Hopefully to hear from you soon since i've been searching for such a bag for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete