Pages

28 Feb 2011

Direction Plan, not as easy as it sounds

The dream is not so easy to achieve, but it's not impossible!

Image from pickthebrain
Yes, I do have a direction and action plan all written down. That was one of the first steps I had envisioned a few months back; what I had not envisioned correctly was the amount of time I would need to get here. What I was hoping would take about a week took well over two months, and I am not really very pleased with myself.

On the other hand I feel that it is absolutely critical to focus and write down what you plan to do, how you will do it and how to measure the results. People like me who plan to work doing Arts/Crafts from home need to be very focused on this aspect or else because there is no formal structure or direction you can just swing away and focus on just the creative aspects.

I did read a lot about what artist should be doing when they start out. Unfortunately there is not a lot of local information or inputs (specific to my geographic area), but there is a heap of information on how artist should take there work as a business and not a hobby as it is very easy to go the hobby route.

Some good resource where I picked up information from;

Mari Loughran  (Arts/Crafts Business Guide, about.com)


Creating A Business Plan for Artists by Kelly Swanson  Kelly also has some great info on her Blog
  

Corry Huff has some great information and tips on The Abundant Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment