Pages

1 Mar 2011

Design Inspiration - Grandma

I have very fond memories of my grandmother as I used to see her more than my mother as a child. Since my mother was a working women my grandma was the one who was around for all the kids in the family. I distinctly remember her plastic tote basket she used to call "Tokri", as she used to tote around with it all day.
Tote very similar to my Grandmas

She never left the house without it and she always had her wallet, glasses, umbrella, yarn and knitting needles in it. Anytime she used to return from the market I used to know where the goodies were. When ever I required some money to buy tuck, I knew  I had to go and fetch her Tokri as that was the place she had her wallet in.


One of the first designs I am creating for my new line I am basing it on my grandmothers tote and all those old memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment