Pages

11 Jul 2011

Branding (Blog)

Lately I have been reading a little about branding as it has helped me communicate more with my students in the pattern-making class. I feel it is very important to discuss something else, which is relevant  besides the topic in the classroom as it helps students to express ideas better and be more open. They might not discuss everything with the teacher who is teaching them about marketing in general and branding in particular.

I had started exploring the topic so as to help my small (still non existent) brand to be on the right path. My last post itself was about branding, as I had got my woven labels done to brand my creations it is still very much a work in progress.

This week I decided to try to brand this blog a little better and I was able to accomplish a bit with all the help from this wonderful resource called Tips for New Bloggers. It has hundreds of well laid out explanations about what you need to do to change the default settings on your blog. I was also able to use a great program called Picnik, it lets you do a ton of stuff to your photographs all for a princely sum of ZERO.

Here are some pictures of the old and the new look;
With the default template from Blogger
With some basic changes to the template
and after a few hours of experimenting;
Does it look a little well branded than before?

No comments:

Post a Comment