Pages

12 Oct 2011

Setting Up Shop - Pictures

Opening my online shop has now taken way longer than even what I could have imagined in my dreams. It has been a very slow ride with a lot of learning in the process, every thing has to be thought out and executed with care. In my case I have been doing a lot of things a few times over to get them right.

A couple of days ago I started photographing some of the products that I have made in the past month or so, and getting the pictures just right has been a big challenge and I will still call it a work in progress. Although I have taken three rounds already, every time I shoot some pictures I see them and realize what mistakes I have done and what can I do to make them better.
Take two
For my very first attempt I just used a bed cover as the back drop and the background in the pictures ended up being very grainy. I tried a couple of different sheets but it was far from anything even average. Eventually I bought a special fabric curtain that photographers use from a wholesale photo goods shop in Chandni Chowk. It is a fairly big piece of fabric without any seams to join it and is fairly light, I believe it is some sort of a synthetic material.
Take Three
I used the curtain over the bed cover so that the background comes as a solid white, but I used it during the day and the colors on some of the pictures came out to be brighter than they actually are. I learnt that the the day time sun is not ideal light to get true colours, so I did the whole exercise again at about 7 am to catch the early morning light. The colours came out to be much better, but looking at my pictures I know I have a lot to learn and a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment