Pages

16 Oct 2011

Setting up Shop - Products

The last couple of months and the past few weeks especially have seen me do a more than average share of new designs and samples. My focus was to have my shop opened and well stocked by the Navratri in early October. The Navratri came and went by and it has been three weeks since then and I am still not done, but am pretty close.

It is a challenge to do everything you have to do to get started selling online, and I have to admit that I do struggle at a few things. I had not planned on doing any gadget cases a few months ago but when I see the market for them I have certainly had to have a second look and do a few designs. Designing the case was the easy part, but doing the loop or the closing mechanism was where I had no clear direction.
A few different designs I cut out
I drew  lot and cut out about 10 different combinations in paper and a few in leather to see what works and what does not. I finally picked up two from the batch and made a complete finished sample with them. Somehow I was not fully happy with the loop as I thought that they were adding a lot of bulk to a clean simple design; so I made a case with a simple snap button that keeps the look very clean and minimalist.
One case with three different closing styles

No comments:

Post a Comment